The Massey Ferguson 135, often referred to as MF 135, stands as a testament to the ingenuity and reliability that has been synonymous with Massey Ferguson tractors for decades. Particularly in the UK market, the Massey Ferguson 135 has carved a niche for itself, renowned for its versatility, durability, and efficiency. This article delves into the horsepower of this iconic tractor, exploring its various engine options and highlighting why it remains a top choice, especially for those considering the purchase of a used tractor.
Understanding the Massey Ferguson 135
First produced in 1964, the Massey Ferguson 135 compact tractor quickly became a global sensation, with its popularity soaring in farming communities worldwide. The tractor was primarily designed for small to medium-scale farming, and it delivered exceptional performance, thanks to its robust build and reliable engine options.
The Heart of the Machine: Engine Options
The MF 135 was available with different engine options, catering to the diverse needs of farmers. One of the most popular engine choices was the Perkins AD3.152, a diesel engine known for its longevity and power efficiency. This three-cylinder engine was capable of delivering a horsepower ranging between 45.5 and 47. This power range made the 135 tractor an excellent choice for a variety of farming applications, from ploughing and tilling to hauling and more.
In addition to the diesel option, the MF 135 was also available with gasoline engines. While these engines offered similar horsepower to their diesel counterparts, they provided an alternative for users who preferred gasoline-powered machinery.
The Multi-Power Legacy
One of the standout features of the Massey Ferguson 135 compact tractor for sale was its Multi-Power transmission system. This innovation allowed operators to shift between high and low power ranges without having to stop the tractor, significantly enhancing efficiency and productivity on the farm. This feature underscored Massey Ferguson’s commitment to providing practical and user-friendly solutions to farmers, further cementing the 135’s reputation as a reliable workhorse.
The Benefits of Buying a Used Compact Tractor
Given its robust design and reliable performance, the Massey Ferguson 135 has proven to stand the test of time. This makes it an excellent option for those considering buying a used tractor. Here are some of the benefits:
1. Cost Savings: Buying a used MF 135 provides significant cost savings compared to purchasing a new tractor. This is particularly beneficial for small-scale farmers or those just starting, allowing them to access quality machinery without breaking the bank.
2. Durability: The MF 135 is renowned for its durability. Many units, several decades old, are still in operation today, testament to their build quality and reliability.
3. Ease of Maintenance: The simplicity of the MF 135’s design makes it easy to maintain, even for those with limited mechanical knowledge. Parts are readily available, and the tractor’s popularity means that there is a wealth of knowledge and expertise available for troubleshooting and repairs.
4. Versatility: The MF 135’s versatility makes it suitable for a wide range of farming applications, ensuring that owners get maximum value from their investment.
5. Resale Value: The tractor’s enduring popularity and reputation for reliability mean that it retains a strong resale value, providing further financial incentive for those considering a used MF 135.
The Massey Ferguson 135 remains a popular choice among farmers, looking for compact tractors for sale UK. With its horsepower ranging between 45.5 and 47, depending on the engine option, it provides ample power for a variety of farming applications. The added benefits of the Multi-Power transmission and the option of either diesel or gasoline engines make it a versatile and efficient choice. When considering the purchase of a used tractor, the MF 135 stands out as a smart investment, offering durability, ease of maintenance, and strong resale value, ensuring that it continues to be a favorite among farmers for years to come.