ROCK MACHINERY ATV CHAIN HARROW & ATV DRAG HARROW
8ft heavy duty ATV chain drag harrows are excellent for paddocks, arenas, and that sort of thing. They can be coupled either with ATV’S, UTVS and compact tractors and they are ideal ATV attachments & compact tractor attachments for sale.
Rock Machinery we pride themselves on providing equipment to a good standard.
Our ATV chain harrow and ATV drag harrow series are intended to cover all expectations from huge farms, smallholdings and equestrian venues to plays fields.
Harrowing should be taken as part of any field supervision programme, in the spring ideally after grazing in combination with rolling and before any fertilizer processing.
Chain harrows were designed to run behind horses, and it is best done at a walking pace (between 3 and 4 mph) which was the average working speed of a horse.
Harrowing reduces stagnant thatch, lifts vegetation and levels any molehills. The job of a drag harrow is to provide air movement and root aeration, as this improves the soil to recuperate and improves water infiltration. It lowers disease by exposing fungi and bacteria to sunshine, which is necessary for the health of the pasture.
Timing is essential and ideally drag harrowing should be begun in dry, warm conditions, as this affords the harrowed droppings to dry out and kill any parasites.
- Chain harrows can also be employed in arable situations for seedbed preparing and covering seed after drilling.
- When utilised on sports fields they are incredibly efficient at removing and spreading worm casts and ripping out moss.
- Chain harrows can be utilised for levelling all weather race tracks and indoor or outside jumping arenas and manages.
Reasons for harrowing include:
- Pasture improvement; tearing up and levelling heavy soil.
- Removal of dead grass from the bottom of healthy grass.
- Helping to eliminate lightly rooted weeds.
- Root aeration; for greater water infiltration and growth.
- Works in fertilizer to both spread and maximize effectiveness.
- Surface levelling in equestrian clubs, race tracks, and running tracks.
- Spurs growth by aerating and tearing out thatch.
- Environmentally friendly grass care.
- Seedbed preparation.
- Excellent for ripping out moss, spraying manure, and levelling molehills.
What is a harrow?
In farming, a harrow (often described as a set of harrows in a plurale tantum sense) is an implement for breaking up and evening out the exterior of the soil. In this way it is clear in its impact from the plough, which is used for deeper tillage. Harrowing is often taken out on fields to follow the rough finish left by plowing operations. The purpose of this harrowing is regularly to break up clods (lumps of soil) and to give a finer finish, a good tilth or soil composition that is suitable for seedbed use. Coarser harrowing may also be used to remove weeds and to cover seed after sowing. Harrows vary from cultivators in that they disturb the whole surface of the soil, such as to prepare a seedbed, instead of disrupting only narrow trails that skirt crop rows (to kill weeds).
There are four general models of harrows: disc harrows, tine harrows (including spring-tooth harrows, drag harrows, and spike harrows), chain harrows, and chain-disk harrows. Harrows were formerly drawn by draft animals, such as horses, mules, or oxen, or in some circumstances and places by manual labourers. In modern practice they are almost always compact tractor attachments or ATV attachments, either trailed after the tractor by a drawbar or mounted on the three-point hitch.
If you are interested in this ATV chain harrow and ATV drag harrow please call us on 01673 828 965 today.