Note: We stock spare parts for all of our compact tractor attachments if required.
- A sturdy and robust, towed, long grass ATV Flail Mower with a working diameter of 1070mm (42").
- This ATV tow behind flail mower is ideal for controlling rough grassed regions, pasture areas, woodland etc.
- A one-piece roller positioned at the back of this Flail Mower attachment for ATV alleviates scalping.
- The throttle controller and emergency stop switch can be easily reached from the ATV seat.
- The 42 cutting flails are operated by two 'V' belts powered by a 9Hp Honda motor with electronic start.
- This ATV Flail Mower includes a tow bar can be offset or can be positioned centrally to the towing vehicle.
A superb Flail Mower for quad bike and ATV alike...
The Farm Master FM42 is a great flail mower attachment quad bike ready. This is a sturdy and heavy duty ATV flail mower intended to smash vegetation, chopping it into small pieces for faster breakdown. It is perfect for common field use, such as topping and weed control, including excessive patches of grass, nettles, thistles and dock leaves.
If you are interested in this ATV Flail Mower, please call us on 01673 828 965 today.
FM42 ATV Flail Mower Attachment For ATV and Quad Bikes
- Engine: 9Hp Honda petrol motor with electrical start and manual start
- Battery: 12 volt heavy duty battery
- Working width: 1070mm (42")
- Overall width: 1250mm (49")
- Cutting heights: 18mm (3/4") - 450mm (18")
- Length: 1500mm (59") including drawbar
- Cutting flails: 42
- Weight: 125kg approx depending on engine
What is a Flail Mower
A flail mower is a variety of powered garden/agricultural machinery, which is used to deal with denser grass/scrub which a conventional lawn mower could not handle. Some more petite models are self-powered, but many are PTO driven devices, which can attach to the three-point hitches located on the rear of ATV's and compact tractors. This variety of flail mower is best used to give a rough cut to higher grass where contact with loose debris may be probable such as roadsides.
The flail mower gets its title from the use of flails connected to its rotating drum. Many implement firms also refer to the flails as knives or blades. The series of flails are usually staggered to give a total cut. The flails are connected to the drum using chain connections or brackets, depending on the producer. The PTO driveshaft along the ATV's axis must make a right angle through the use of a gearbox to transfer its rotational energy to the drum. As the drum turns, centrifugal power pushes the flails outward.
The flails have either an extruded "T" or "Y" shape and a chain connects to the bottom. There are also exclusive flails with various forms for shredding more broad brush and others that leave a level, finish cut.
If a flail hits an immovable object, it merely springs off. Other rotary class mowers tend to grab and toss the item out of the mower deck if it is little enough. This action makes the flail mower best accommodated in areas where projected objects would cause damage.
Beckside Machinery stock an extensive range of ATV flail mower and flail mowers for compact tractors.