Alterable cutting height flail mower housing
Updated: Jan 27
1. A flail compact tractor attachment, including a housing accommodating a cavity, flail mowing blades movably fastened within the cavity, a drive system to control the movement of the flail mowing blades within the hole, and wherein the mower is moveable within (a) a first cutting configuration that is applied to cut plant matter with a diameter in the range of 150 to 1000mm from the territory; (b) a second cutting configuration that is applied to cut plant matter with a length in the field of 20 to 300mm from the ground.
2. The flail mower as required in claim 1, wherein moving the flail mower within the first cutting configuration and the second cutting arrangement does not involve changing the top of the mowing blades.
3. A compact tractor attachment, including a housing accommodating a cavity, a channel in the housing, wherein the track is the forward-most portion of the housing in the compact tractor attachment's direction of movement when in use, a mowing attachment operatively mounted within the cavity, a drive system configured to manage operation of the mowing assembly, described in that the mower is moveable in between (a) a first cutting configuration providing a rigid barrier to essentially cover the channel; and (b) a second cutting arrangement providing a plurality of moveable flaps beyond the channel.
4. The mower as required in claim 3, wherein the cavity has a bottom edge that is next to the ground over which the mower moves in use.
5. The mower as required in either one of claims 3 or 4, including a barrier element moveably attached to the housing such that it can be transferred to provide the rigid barrier when the compact tractor attachment is in the secondary configuration.
6. The mower as claimed in claim 5, wherein the barrier element is locked in position to really cover the channel when the mower is in the primary configuration.
7. The mower as claimed in any one of claims 3 to 6, wherein the mowing attachment is flail mower blades mounted on an axle.
8. The compact tractor attachment as required in any one of claims 3 to 7, wherein at least one of the majority of flaps are configured such that when the mower is in the secondary cutting configuration, the flaps do not substantially damage plant matter to be cut by the mower as it moves ahead.
9. The mower as required in any one of claims 3 to 8, wherein the rigid barrier is configured to support the generation of air flows by movement of the mowing blades in the housing.
10. The mower as required in any one of claims 3 to 8, wherein the rigid barrier fully covers the channel when the compact tractor attachment is in the first cutting arrangement.
11. The mower as required in any one of claims 3 - 10, wherein the plurality of moveable covers are permanently attached to the housing.
12. The mower as claimed in any one of claims 3 to 11, wherein the channel is an opening in the housing.
13. The mower as claimed in any 1 of claims 3 to 12, wherein the aperture has an unbounded bottom end.
14. The mower as required in any one of claims 3 to 12, wherein the majority of moveable flaps are configured to block plant supply cut by the mower from being thrown from the hole.
15. The mower as extensively described and illustrated herein by evidence to the best modes section of the attached description and drawing.
Beckside Machinery are proud to stock the UK’s most comprehensive range of flail mowers for sale, which are subdivided into the following categories:
Flail mower for compact tractors
Heavy duty flail mower
Hydraulic side shift flail mower
Flail hedge cutter for sale
ATV flail mower (quad flail mower)
Wessex flail mowers
We have multiple models in each category to suit your specific requirements. All variants can be viewed from our Flail Mower page. Please call us on 01673 828 965 if you want any help.